Funny, on the day this thread was starting, I had planned to post about progress myself just because I've felt a little bad that this board has has been a little stagnant this year (although the same could mostly be said about my projects).
This has been a slower process than I'd like, so I've been thinking I'd change it up with some ZIL coding. My longtime on-and-off project has been to code up the example transcript included with the Infocom game "Ballyhoo" as an actual game. The last time I worked on it, with vaporware's help, I got over some of the final troublesome hurdles. There's just one thing left to code that might be tricky, as it'll be my first foray into QUEUE (ZIL's daemon/timer system). The main thing stopping my inertia was that I found that I had almost no interest in coming up with new not-in-the-transcript responses. Beyond that, the level of implementation in the original transcript (and "Ballyhoo" itself) leaves much to be desired, so I was thinking of having a command that switched between original-feel and actually-a-decent-game implementation.
The point is, what with these more ambitious goals, I'm not sure I'd ever finish the thing, so when I return to that project the next time, I've decided I'm going to implement only the transcript and just release the thing as example source code. I always was going to release the source anyway, but there's really no need to put more effort into it than I really need to.