I thought I’d follow Andrew’s lead and create my own thread to follow my general progress on different projects I have going on.
As most of you know, I’ve spent the last 7 months enhancing the mapping tool Trizbort. With the help of @AndrewS who helped immensely with testing, documentation and ideas, I think we’ve been able to add some great features and make it a more robust application. In the next week or so I hope to release a new version that adds what I think will be a pretty useful feature. You’ll now be able to create elliptical rooms and rooms with rounded corners (each corner can be controlled separately). There are still a few quirks with the way connections are connecting with the non-square rooms, but I hope to get most of those worked out before release.
After the last release which added support for exporting to ZIL (based on the work by @vaporware), I hope to begin work on Hugo export support which a few have requested.
In non-Trizbort news, well there isn’t much activity lately. I’ve got the beginnings of a cataloging system for IF games which I’ve been calling Chimera (I had a reason at one point, but I don’t recall now what that reasoning was.) It’s in the very early stages of development and in fact may not work well on anyone’s machine but my own at the moment…but I do hope to get more work done there.
Game wise, not much going on. I’ve done a few hours of work over the last few weeks on my IntroComp from last year, but nothing to write home about.
Well that’s it for this week, hopefully more progress for next.