Reminder: get your blog on Planet IF

@blue_green – sorry, I forgot about your suggestion there. I’ll add it. : )

Well, looks like it may be need to be taken down again. Sorry!

@blue_green Ah, it took me a while to notice the sidebar… Thanks for letting me know.

I have 2 questions…

1. I’m worried I might be spamming Planet-IF with my postmortem. Are there general guidelines to follow?
  2. I’m also unclear on how Planet-IF processes breaks from Blogger. I’d like to be able to put stuff after the break, but when I do so in blogger, it doesn’t show up in Planet-IF. I suspect I’m missing something obvious?
  1. I’m worried I might be spamming Planet-IF with my postmortem. Are there general guidelines to follow?

IMO, don’t worry about it.

1. I’m also unclear on how Planet-IF processes breaks from Blogger. I’d like to be able to put stuff after the break, but when I do so in blogger, it doesn’t show up in Planet-IF. I suspect I’m missing something obvious?

Planet IF just publishes whatever your Atom/RSS feed gives it; I don’t think Blogger has a setting that affects what it puts in its RSS feed, so I don’t think there’s much you can do about this.

Personally I prefer to have all the content in the feed, because when I read all my feeds in my news-reader (Feedly) I don’t like having to click out to all the different sites; I just want to read all the content in one place.

-Chris

2 Likes

Thanks! I tend to be worried about spamming more than most people, so I’m glad to hear it.

Also I’m glad to read I wasn’t missing anything silly. I still think I’ll leave the minor postmortem bits without a planet-if tag. But the next one (for/about my testers) will be visible.

I haven’t even posted to it yet, but I’ve started a ZIL blog, too, which should probably be on Planet IF (I intend to have that first post out sometime in the next week). Here’s the link: http://zilcrazy.blogspot.com/

3 Likes

@radix It looks like the ifanswers.com domain has expired. Would you mind taking it off the Planet IF sidebar?

Thanks for the heads up, @blue_green. Sorry for the long turnaround, but I’ve removed the link now.

Thanks, @radix!